Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Where Do Audiobooks Fit?

Currently I am spending about 3 hours in a car every Monday through Thursday and another hour in the car every other day of the week. With that much driving time I don't know why I didn't think of listening to audiobooks before. Yes I do, audiobooks are expensive. There was no reason to buy an audiobook just to listen to it for a week or so and then never use it again. At least that was the case until I got my library card. Free audio books that I can listen to once and not feel guilty about never listening to again. It was the best find of the month.

Now my confusion is, where to audiobooks fit into my reading. Do they count as part of the fifty book challenge? I listened to the entire book, didn't I? Though I did not sit down the the book in hand, I did make it through the entire thing. Honestly, I probably spent more hours listening to it than it would have taken me just to read the novel. This is nothing more than making use of unused time. On some level, though I still feel like its cheating. The books I listen to should not count as part of my challenge. I just need some other opinions.



Do audiobooks count or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment